Theme Demos are presets of configuration settings in the WordPress Customise section. These presets do not depend on the content. You may easily activate a demo or switch between them without importing the demo content or affecting the existing content.
It’s a very convenient feature if you have existing posts and content and don’t want to import any dummy data, but you still would like your website to replicate a demo of Expertly.
To activate a demo, simply navigate to Appearance → Customise → Theme Demos and click on Activate next to a demo thumbnail.
There’re some theme demos, that are using Adobe Fonts.
[powerkit_alert type=”warning” dismissible=”false” multiline=”true”]
Theme demos will be activated with the default system font family (sans-serif) in the following cases:
- The Adobe Fonts module is not activated in the Powerkit settings.
- The Adobe Fonts token is empty or there aren’t any kits selected in Appearance → Fonts → Adobe Fonts.
- There aren’t any matching fonts in the selected Adobe Fonts project (kit).
It allows you to manually configure your typography or select any free Google Fonts alternatives.
Follow these steps to use Adobe Fonts fonts with theme demos:
- Make sure you’ve installed Powerkit.
- Navigate to the WordPress dashboard to the Powerkit settings page and activate the Typekit module.
- Add the required fonts to a new kit on Adobe Fonts.
- Go to Appearance → Fonts → Adobe Fonts and add your Adobe Fonts API key.
- Select the created kit from the select field.
- Navigate to Appearance → Customise → Theme Demos and activate a theme demo.
If you activated a demo first and then activated Adobe Fonts, you will need to re-activate a demo. This way Adobe Fonts will appear in typography controls instead of the default system fonts.
For more information on the Adobe Fonts Integration, please refer to the Adobe Fonts module documentation.
The most affordable plan with Adobe Fonts included is a single app plan for InCopy: only $4.99/mo.
Since October 2019 Adobe Fonts are included with the Photography Plan too.
- Expertly: Futura PT (Book, Medium, Medium Italic, Demi).
- Design Flow: Sofia (Regular, Regular Italic, Medium, Semi Bold, Bold).
- Startups Today: Circe (Regular, Bold).
- Cryptograph: Runda (Regular, Medium).
- Hanna Janssen: Proxima Nova (Light, Regular, Regular Italic, Medium).
- Tropical Adventures: Europa (Light, Regular, Italic, Bold).
- The Challenge: Stolzl (Book, Regular, Bold).
- Sports24: Aktiv Grotesk (Regular, Italic, Bold, XBold).
- Buero Magazine: Brandon Grotesque (Regular, Italic, Bold).