A theme demo in Astia is a pre-defined combination of configuration settings in the WordPress Customise section and a static homepage. You may easily activate a demo or switch between them without importing the demo content or affecting the existing content.
It’s a very convenient feature if you have existing posts and content and don’t want to import any dummy data, but you still would like your website to replicate a demo of Astia.
To activate a demo, simply navigate to Appearance → Customize → Theme Demos and click on Activate next to a demo thumbnail.
These frequently asked questions will help you understand how theme demos work in Astia.
When you click the Activate button the following will happen:
- Pre-defined theme settings will be applied, including typography, colors, header, footer settings, and others.
- A static page with pre-defined blocks will be created and assigned as the front page.
No, you will not lose any content (posts, pages, comments). However, customization settings will be reset, including typography, colors, header and footer settings, and others.
Simply go to Appearance → Customise → Theme Demos and click on Activate next to a thumbnail of the new demo.
This will apply demo styles, create a new static page with pre-defined blocks and set it as your front-page.
There’re some theme demos, that are using Adobe Fonts.
- The Adobe Fonts module is not activated in the Powerkit settings.
- The Adobe Fonts token is empty or there aren’t any kits selected in Appearance → Fonts → Adobe Fonts.
- There aren’t any matching fonts in the selected Adobe Fonts project (kit).
It allows you to manually configure your typography or select any free Google Fonts alternatives.
Follow these steps to use Adobe Fonts fonts with theme demos:
- Make sure you’ve installed Powerkit.
- Navigate to the WordPress dashboard to the Powerkit settings page and activate the Typekit module.
- Add the required fonts to a new kit on Adobe Fonts.
- Go to Appearance → Fonts → Adobe Fonts and add your Adobe Fonts API key.
- Select the created kit from the select field.
- Navigate to Appearance → Customise → Theme Demos and activate a theme demo.
If you activated a demo first and then activated Adobe Fonts, you will need to re-activate a demo. This way Adobe Fonts will appear in typography controls instead of the default system fonts.
For more information on the Adobe Fonts Integration, please refer to the Adobe Fonts module documentation.
The most affordable plan with Adobe Fonts included is a single app plan for InCopy: only $4.99/mo.
Since October 2019 Adobe Fonts are included with the Photography Plan too.
- Playback: Warnock Pro Display (Semibold Display), Bely Display, Neue Haas Grotesk Text (55 Roman, 75 Bold).
- Supernatural: Sofia Pro (Medium, Semi Bold); Futura PT (Book, Medium).