Thank you for purchasing Authentic!
We at Code Supply Co. are confident that you'll be delighted with Authentic's plentiful feature options and clean, minimal design.
Please reference this file for any questions or issues you may be experiencing. It's likely you'll find the answer to your query here.
This documentation is also available online. Bookmark it to access it anytime.
Should you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel more than free to contact us by submitting a support ticket.
We'll do our very best to reply as promptly as possible. As a rule, we reply within 30 minutes in our working time (EST 01:00am - 9:00am, GMT 05:00am - 01:00pm).
Interested in keeping up to date with Code Supply Co. future projects and releases? Follow us on Twitter.
Hope you'll enjoy using Authentic as much as we enjoyed developing it.
Setting-up Authentic is easy. Just follow these steps, they won't take much of your time.
Step 1: Login to your Wordpress admin panel and navigate to Appearance → Themes.
Step 2: Click Add New button at the top of the page, then the Upload Theme button on the next page.
Step 3: Select authentic.zip included in the files downloaded from Themeforest and click Install Now.
Final Step: Once the file is uploaded and installed, click Activate.
Authentic requires some plugins to operate correctly. It's easy to install and activate them in one click.
Step 1: After activating the theme, in the notification message on the top of the admin page, click the Begin Installing Plugins link.
Step 2: Select all the plugins in the list and choose Install from the Dropdown menu, then click Apply.
Note: Importing demo content is optional. Demo content is not required for activation of a Demo.
Authentic comes with single-click importable demo content (pages, blog posts, etc.) to help you get started if you have a fresh WordPress installation.
- Navigate to Appearance → Demo Data.
- Click Import Demo Data.
After the import you may uninstall One Click Demo Import plugin.
You may switch easily between various theme demos in Appearance → Customize → Theme Demos.
After installing the theme, navigate to Appearance → Customize.
Here you have access to all the theme's configuration settings. Each setting is commented and very straight-forward and should be easy to understand and configure.
Authentic supports live preview of all customizations, so you may preview any changes before saving them.
There're numerous color controls in Authentic. All colors can be configured in Typography. There're some predefined color presets too!
All typography settings can be found in Typography.
Note: Even though you may individually setup each typography element, please make sure you use max two font families in order to keep your website loading fast.
General layout settings can be found in Layout. The section includes global settings for Page Layout, Page Header and Post Archive.
You may also setup individual layout settings for the Homepage, Posts and Pages in their sections accordingly.
In Homepage tab you may specify individual Page Layout and Post Archive settings or use the global ones from the Layout → Main.
There're featured sections available on your Homepage: Post Slider, Post Tiles and Post Carousel. Feel free to change their configurations as you like.
Posts & Pages
In Posts and Pages tabs you may provide individual Page Layout settings.
Addional blocks, like Post Author, Post Tags, Subscribe, Post Pagination and Post Carousel are available for Posts.
Post Carousel is designed for the Related Posts section on your website.
There're several advanced settings located in the Advanced tab.
Additional Content is our brand new feature in Authentic. With Additional Content you may place any content anywhere on your website. There're multiple locations available for each page type and you may place your content either before the location or after it.
It can be custom ads, shortcodes, simple HTML content or anything else!
Since the fields accept raw HTML, there're some useful templates for your convenience:
Content Inside Container
<div class="container"> YOUR CONTENT </div>
Content Inside Container with Padding and Background
<div style="padding: 30px; background: #eeeeee;"> <div class="container"> YOUR CONTENT </div> </div>
Content Inside Container with Top and Bottom Margins
<div class="container" style="margin-top: 30px; margin-bottom: 30px;"> YOUR CONTENT </div>
Full-Width Content with Padding and Background
<div style="padding: 30px; background: #eeeeee;"> YOUR CONTENT </div>
You may feature a post in the following locations:
- Post Slider
- Post Tiles
- Post Archive
- Post Carousel
- Posts Widget
In order to feature a post, please navigate to Post Edit page and mark the desired locations in Featured Locations metabox.
Make sure, that your featured location's Source is set to Featured in Appearance → Customize.
Different sources can be set individually for Slider, Carousel, Tiles on Homepage and Category pages.
Authentic supports several types of Page Header:
- Default: Page header options are inherited from the Appearance → Customize → Layout → Main → Page Header.
- None: Page header isn't displayed.
- Simple: Simple page header without an image.
- Small: Small page header with an image or video background.
- Wide: Fullwidth page header with an image or video background.
- Large: Fullscreen page header with an image or video background.
Each post's layout can be configured individually to have either left or right sidebar or no sidebar at all. Please choose the desired option from the select field in the Page Layout metabox.
If you select either of these formats: Gallery, Image, Video, Audio a new metabox Media Options will appear, where you may select the desired location of your media content.
Creating video backgrounds is easy:
- First set Post Format to Video.
- Paste the YouTube or Vimeo video URL into the Embed field under the Post Title.
- Select the desired locations for your video backgrounds in Video Background metabox.
- You may also specify the Start and End Time. It can be useful for skipping the intro text in some of the videos.
- If you wish to feature a post in a Featured Location, select it in the Featured Locations metabox.
Each post author can have their own Social Accounts that are displayed below the post content. Their URLs can be defined in Users → Your Profile.
We developed several custom plugins for our themes. These shortcodes and included with your purchase free of charge.
You may install them from Appearance → Install Plugins.
There're various shortcodes, supported by our themes.
You may easily generate your shortcodes right from the WordPress editor:
Warning: The Basic Shortcodes plugin is a replacement for the CSCO: Shortcodes plugin. Please read the Migration Guide, if you purchased Authentic before May 2, 2017.
Basic Share Buttons
Basic Share Buttons settings are located in Settings → Share Buttons.
There're several locations for the share buttons in Authentic. You may disable, enable, select and reorder share buttons for specific locations. You may also enable or disable Titles, Counts and Labels.
Basic Social Accounts
In order to make the plugin work, please fill in your social accounts API credentials in Settings → Connect.
Basic Social Accounts allows you to display a list of social accounts in predefined theme locations, widgets and shortcodes.
After you activate the plugin, a new widget Social Accounts will appear in Appearance → Widgets. It supports various templates: Default, 2 Columns, 3 Columns, 4 Columns, 5 Columns and Horizontal List. You may also enable Titles, Labels and Counts for your Social Accounts.
Shortcode is available in the User Interface of the Basic Shortcodes plugin via a button in the WordPress editor toolbar.
In order to make the plugin work, please fill in your Twitter API credentials in Settings → Connect.
Basic Twitter allows you to display a your Twitter feed in a widget or via a shortcode.
After you activate the plugin, a new widget Twitter will appear in Appearance → Widgets. It supports various templates: Default and Slider.
Shortcode is available in the User Interface of the Basic Shortcodes plugin via a button in the WordPress editor toolbar.
In order to make the plugin work, please fill in your Facebook API credentials in Settings → Connect.
Basic Facebook allows you to display a your Facebook Page widget in the WordPress widget or via a shortcode.
After you activate the plugin, a new widget Facebook will appear in Appearance → Widgets. It supports several display options.
Shortcode is available in the User Interface of the Basic Shortcodes plugin via a button in the WordPress editor toolbar.
In order to make the plugin work, please fill in your MailChimp Embedded Form URL in Settings → Connect.
Basic MailChimp allows you to display a your MailChimp subscribe form in a widget, via a shortcode or in the predefined theme locations: after post content and in the footer section.
After you activate the plugin, a new widget MailChimp will appear in Appearance → Widgets.
Authentic automatically resizes images to make them look nice depending on their location in templates.
Minimum recommended image sizes:
- HD Images: 1920px
- Standard Images: 1280px
Please try to select images that match the minimal dimensions to avoid whitespace, bad alignment and other image related problems.
Authentic automatically resizes all uploaded images to the following image sizes:
- Extra Large: 1920px, unscropped
- Large Horizontal: 1280x720px, cropped
- Large Vertical: 960x1280px, cropped
- Large Square: 1280x1280px, cropped
- Medium Uncropped: 720px, uncropped
- Medium Horizontal: 720x480px, cropped
- Medium Vertical: 540x720px, cropped
- Medium Square: 720x720px, cropped
- Small Square: 160x160px, cropped
There are also default Wordpress image sizes, that can be defined in Settings → Media:
If you install Authentic on the existing blog with existing images we strictly recommend that you should regenerate your images.
Please install and run Regenerate Thumbnail plugin.
Shop Page Options
After you installed WooCommerce and created Shop page, there're the following additional options available on the shop page edit screen:
- Products per Row
- Products per Page
You may also change the Page Layout of the Shop page:
- Default (Page Layout will be inherited from Appearance → Customize → Layout)
- Left Sidebar
- Right Sidebar
If you set Page Layout of the Shop page to either Left Sidebar or Right Sidebar, you may add widgets to WooCommerce sidebar in Appearance → Widgets.
Authentic supports all default WooCommerce widgets.
Cart in Header, Top Bar and Navigation Bar
You may add a cart icon with number of products to your header, top bar and navigation bar in Appearance → Customize → Layout → Header / Top Bar / Navigation Bar.
For other WooCommerce issues, please refer to the WooCommerce official documentation.
Drop Caps and Lead-Ins
Authentic supports Drop-Caps and Lead-Ins right in the WordPress editor toolbar:
To create a multi-column menu simply add
mega-menu to its parent menu item:
There're also several additional classes available:
menu-centerwill align the menu items to the center
menu-justify, will justify the menu items
menu-equalwill make the menu items widths equal
hide-titleswill hide the child menu item titles
Add them separated with a space.
Guest Authors and Multiple Authors
support guest authors and multiple authors per post.
In order to use this feature, please install Co-Authors Plus and follow their instructions.
You may place Google Adsense ads in several locations by using the Additional Content feature.
First make sure you've enabled Google Adsense scripts in Appearance → Customize → Additional Content → General.
Then put the ads code starting with
<ins and ending with
</ins> in one of the Additional Content fields:
<ins class="adsbygoogle" style="display:block" data-ad-client="ca-pub-1234567890" data-ad-slot="1234567890" data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
Release date: August 14, 2017
- Fixed: Footer subscription form - Fixed: WooCommerce mobile styles - Updated: Dependencies
Release date: July 04, 2017
- Fixed: Exlude featured posts and pagination - Fixed: WooCommerce mobile styles - Fixed: iOS sticky elements
Release date: July 03, 2017
- Added: WooCommerce support - Added: Typekit integration - Added: Tag description - Fixed: Tag cloud font size - Fixed: Category on post pagination - Updated: Basic plugins - Updated: Dependencies
Release date: May 26, 2017
- Added: RTL Support - Added: Spanish translation - Added: French translation - Added: Italian translation - Added: Jetpack responsive videos support - Added: Filter for number of Instagram images in footer - Fixed: Logo width control - Fixed: Custom button colors in sliders - Fixed: Post order in Masonry archives on mobile devices
* /css/* * /js/* * /languages/* * /framework/customizer/theme-mods.php * /framework/demo-import/theme-demos.php * /framework/core-functions.php * /framework/deprecated.php * /framework/filters.php * /framework/init.php * /template-parts/footer/footer-instagram.php * /index.php * /page.php * /single.php * /404.php + /rtl.css + /style-rtl.css * /style.css
Release date: May 18, 2017
- Fixed: Performance issues - Fixed: Internet Explorer issues - Fixed: Pagination on pages - Fixed: Child theme screenshot - Added: Spanish translation - Added: Reddit, Facebook Messenger and Mail to share buttons - Updated: Language files - Updated: Dependencies
* /css/* * /js/* * /images/demo-*.jpg * /languages/* * /framework/custom-fields/acf-pro.php * /framework/custom-fields/custom-fields.php * /framework/customizer/kirki.php * /framework/customizer/theme-mods.php + /framework/customizer/options.php * /framework/demo-import/theme-demos.php * /framework/includes/kirki/* * /framework/actions.php * /framework/arrays.php * /framework/body-classes.php * /framework/core-functions.php * /framework/custom-content.php * /framework/filters.php * /framework/partials.php * /framework/post-meta.php * /framework/template-tags.php * /template-parts/loop/archive.php * /template-parts/loop/content.php - /template-parts/page-header/header-bg.php - /template-parts/page-header/header-simple.php * /index.php * /page.php * /single.php * /404.php * /style.css
Release date: May 04, 2017
- Fixed: Google Adsense ads - Fixed: Multiple authors with registered users - Updated: Dependencies
* /framework/includes/kirki/* * /framework/template-tags.php * /framework/custom-content.php * /template-parts/post/post-author.php
Release date: May 02, 2017
- Added: 15 color palettes - Added: 59 color controls - Added: Controllable border radius - Added: Improved typograhy - Added: Individual page layout for home, posts, pages, categories - Added: Sidebar width control - Added: 5 page header layouts and global page header options - Added: 4 post archives types - Added: 2/3 columns grid and masonry archives - Added: Individual post archives for home and categories - Added: Hide or show post archive elements (summary, post meta, more button) - Added: Ajax load more and infinite load - Added: Controllable image sizes in archives - Added: Controllable image widths in list archives - Added: Repeatable widgets in archives - Added: Header builder: menus, HTML, social icons with counters, search, container width, custom width, three header layouts, custom height, custom buttons with icons - Added: Text logo and font control - Added: Site description in header - Added: Smart sticky navbar with text or image logo - Added: List of social accounts in navbar - Added: Offcanvas widget area and menu with text or image logo - Added: Footer builder: Instagram, widget area, menu, text and image logo and nav, subscribe section - Added: Auto play and timeout for sliders - Added: New featured post tiles: 9 layouts, custom padding, video background, container control, custom width and height - Added: Controllable featured carousels: image size, number of columns, padding, container control, custom width - Added: Tiles and carousels on category pages - Added: Custom source for featured areas: views, category, tags, featured posts; order by date, post views; timeframe limit - Added: Switched to taxonomy featured for performance - Added: Switched to Post Views Counter instead of WP-PostViews - Added: Video background added for page headers, archives, sliders, post tiles - Added: Video background start and end time - Added: 2 post author layout: standard and compact - Added: Guest authors and multiple authors per post with social accounts and bios - Added: Disable or enable individual post elements: author, tags, related posts, post pagination - Added: Improved post pagination subtle design - Added: Controllable related posts: number of columns, image size, title, post source - Added: Custom options per category - Added: Custom Sidebars plugin supported - Added: Gridable plugin supported - Added: Advanced settings - Added: Subscribe after post content - Added: Refactored theme structure: based on actions and filters - Added: Compliance with the WordPress Coding Standards - Added: Ads and additional content including Shortcodes and custom HTML - Added: New custom plugins: Basic Share Buttons, Basic Social Accounts, Basic Shortcodes, Basic Twitter, Basic Facebook and Basic MailChimp. - Added: Share buttons: 3 color schemes (default, bold and monochrome), 4 locations (in post archives, before post content, after post content, in the post sidebar), 12 supported social networks, counters, shortcode - Added: Social accounts: variouse layouts (default, 2 columns, 3 columns, 4 columns, 5 columns, horizontal list), counters, widget and shortcode - Added: Shortcodes: 10 shortcodes with UI and shortcode generator right in the WordPress editor toolbar - Added: Facebook page widget and shortcode - Added: Twitter feed widget and shortcode with two templates - Added: MailChimp subscribe form widget and shortcode - Added: Custom brand new demo import and demo switcher - Added: Optimized post meta and reading time - Added: Multi-column menu
All theme files
Migration from 1.x
Please follow these steps to migrate from version 1.0.9 and earlier:
- Backup your files and database.
- Backup your translation files.
- Remove deprecated plugins:
- CSCO: Twitter API
- CSCO: Shortcodes (see Migration of Shortcodes for details)
- Deactivate and uninstall Advanced Custom Fields Pro from the Plugins → Installed Plugins. Then install it again from Appearance → Install Plugins. It will update the plugin to the latest version.
- Download and install the new theme version. See our FAQ on how to update your theme.
- Install new plugins from Appearance → Install Plugins:
- Basic Shortcodes
- Basic Facebook
- Basic MailChimp
- Basic Social Accounts
- Basic Share Buttons
- Basic Twitter
- Post Views Counter
- Regenerate Thumbnails
- Regenerate post thumbnails with Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
- Import existing post views from WP-PostViews into Post Views Counter by clicking Import views in Settings → Post Views Counter.
- Set up your Social Accounts in Settings → Social Accounts.
- Enter your social accounts API credentials in Settings → Connect.
- Add Custom Menu widget to the Offcanvas Area for mobile navigation in Appearance → Widgets
- Set up new widgets:
- Social Accounts
- Check and customize theme settings in Appearance → Customize.
Migration of Shortcodes
We replaced the deprecated CSCO: Shortcodes plugin with the new Basic Shortcodes. The new shortcodes have a
bsc_ prefix. Please add this prefix to all your existing shortcodes.
We also dropped
[column] shortcodes in favor of the Gridable plugin.
Please install Gridable from Appearance → Install Plugins and replace
[column md="6"] with
[col size="6"] and add total number of columns to the
[row] shortcode, like this
[row] [column md="6"] Left Column [/column] [column md="6"] Right Column [/column] [/row]
[row cols_nr="2"] [col size="6"] Left Column [/col] [col size="6"] Right Column [/col] [/row]
You may also use the old CSCO: Shortcodes plugin and leave your shortcodes unchanged. It's working fine, though it won't be updated.
Release date: January 06, 2017
- Updated: Dependencies - Fixed: Hentry Errors in Google Search Console - Fixed: Header Alignment - Fixed: Prev / Next Post Pagination - Added: Skype, Spotify, Bloglovin, LinkedIn, Google Plus, RSS icons - Added: Category Descriptions - Added: Russian Translation - Updated: Translation Files - Fixed: Larger Logo on Mobile - Fixed: Instagram Feed on Larger Screens (27'+)
* dist/js/scripts.min.js * dist/fonts/* * lang/authentic.pot + lang/ru_RU.po + lang/ru_RU.mo * lib/assets.php * lib/dashboard.php * lib/template-tags.php * lib/theme-mods.php * templates/content-featured.php * templates/content-grid.php * templates/content-list.php * templates/content-masonry.php * templates/content-standard.php * category.php * single.php * header.php * home.php * page.php * single.php * style.css
Release date: September 16, 2016
- Updated: Dependencies - Fixed: Pin It Buttons - Fixed: Code Validation
* dist/js/scripts.min.js * inc/widgets/posts.php * lib/template-tags.php * lib/theme-mods.php * parts/wp-instagram-widget.php * templates/content-featured.php * category.php * footer.php * header.php * home.php * page.php * single.php * style.css
Release date: September 1, 2016
- Fixed: Internet Explorer compatibility - Fixed: Previous / Next Post Button Links - Fixed: Category Post Count - Fixed: About Widget Typo
* dist/js/scripts.min.js * inc/widgets/about.php * lib/template-tags.php * style.css
Release date: August 25, 2016
- Fixed: Visual Composer Compatibility
* lib/template-tags.php * page.php * single.php * style.css
Release date: August 24, 2016
- Added: Global Settings for Featured Image Types - Added: Setting to Disable Share Buttons - Added: Italian Translation - Fixed: Twitter Embeds Whitespace
+ lang/it_IT.mo + lang/it_IT.po * lib/custom-fields.php * lib/theme-mods.php * lib/custom-fields.php * header.php * page.php * single.php * style.css
Release date: August 06, 2016
- Added: Dribbble, Behance and Vimeo Social Links - Fixed: Custom CSS Field
* lib/dashboard.php * lib/init.php * style.css
Release date: August 04, 2016
- Added: Post & Page Global Layout Settings - Fixed: Category Filter
* lib/template-tags.php * lib/theme-mods.php * style.css
Release date: July 27, 2016
- Added: One Click Demo Import Options - Updated TGM Plugin Activation
- dist/demo/customizer.dat + dist/demo/customizer-1.dat + dist/demo/customizer-2.dat + dist/demo/customizer-3.dat + dist/demo/customizer-4.dat + dist/demo/customizer-5.dat + dist/demo/customizer-6.dat + dist/demo/customizer-7.dat + dist/demo/customizer-8.dat + dist/demo/customizer-9.dat * lib/dashboard.php * lib/theme-mods.php * inc/classes/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php * style.css
Release date: July 25, 2016
- Added: Video Backgrounds for Featured Posts - Added: Navbar Logo - Added: Top Bar Toggle - Improved: Updated Dependant Plugins - Fixed: One Click Demo Import Notice - Fixed: Reading Time Grammar Mistake
child-theme/style.css child-theme/screenshot.png child-theme/functions.php dist/img/logo-navbar-dark.png dist/img/logo-navbar-light.png dist/demo/customizer.dat dist/js/scripts.min.js lang/authentic.pot lib/template-tags.php lib/plugins.php lib/init.php lib/dashboard.php templates/content-featured.php home.php header.php style.css
Release date: July 23, 2016
We have used the following open-source projects or other files as listed:
- Owl Carousel 2
- Justified Gallery
- Magnific Popup
The sample images viewed in the theme preview are for demo purposes only and are not included with your purchase.
These images have been purchased by us from: Shutterstock.
We take great pride in creating solid themes and strongly believe in robust customer service practices. Should you have a question that neither this documentation file nor Themeforest's forums can resolve, please submit a support ticket and we'll do our very best to assist you.
If you like our theme, please take 1 minute to rate it on Themeforest:
- Go to Themeforest and login with your credentials.
- Hover on your account name in the top right corner of the screen. Click Downloads link and you will see your purchases list.
- Click stars next to our theme to leave your rating.
It will help us a lot to keep being motivated to release new theme updates and improvements for free.
If you don't like something, please submit a support ticket. We'll always be happy to help you!
Thank you very much for purchasing Authentic.